Portfolio Financial Controller
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Cambridge/Home Counties
Start date: Immediate
As Financial Controller you will oversee the provision of a variety of financial management services to a portfolio of companies. You will achieve this in a variety of different ways, including working closely with a portfolio FD and also through the supervision, support and development of a flexible team.
Within this, you will be responsible for a number of projects and various ad-hoc assignments, including assisting in raising finance and working with investors. You will be working across a geographical region that mostly includes the Cambridge area, but with some travel into London and the Northern Home Counties.
• Assist the CFO to manage all aspects of the clients’ financial requirements.
• Assist the CFO to manage the clients fundraising requirements
• Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
• Liaise with third party specialists such as auditors, external accountants, insurers, bankers, lawyers etc.
• Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
• Develop budgets, financial business models and financial plans/forecasts
• Create monthly management packs to identify results, trends, and variances to budgets.
• Cash flow management
• Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with investor needs, business needs and legislation
• Assist in the management of the financial department, to ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
Skills & Qualifications:
• A relevant accounting qualification
• Several years of commercial financial experience in an SME environment.
• Experience in fund-raising preferred
• Exposure to Bio-tech preferred
• Experience of using a multitude of financial systems, including XERO
• Exceptional financial modelling skills, including advanced use of Excel.
• Management and leadership skills and experience
• Interpersonal skills
• Integrity & Reliability
• High attention to detail
• Organisational skills - Starter/finisher and self-motivated
• Problem-solving skills
• Reporting to a Portfolio FD/CFO, dotted line to MD of OFD Ltd t/a EFM
• Self-Management of client portfolio
• Proactive liaison with both the portfolio clients and colleagues
• The portfolio will build to the required volume of hours per week that you desire
• Home or client premises based, as required, but to include some travel outside of the Cambridge area.
• Employed on a flexible hours contract, with an agreed minimum hours.
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Novo will use your information only in respect of this enquiry. We do not share your information with anyone else.